‘Tis the season for boots!
Whether you like them short or tall, pointed or round, there’s a pair for every mood!
Some of us curvy girls have a hard time finding boots with a wide shaft to fit our calves or even the width of our feet. I’ve been lucky enough to fit into medium width and regular shaft boots, thank goodness for something positive in the gene pool but several of my fellow curvy girls aren’t so lucky. Shopping for boots can become a tedious and overwhelming task for anyone. To help ease the stress of that shopping trip, I’ve found a few of the trendiest, stylish, and most comfortable fitting boots.
See the 10 pairs of boots and booties that are ALL available in wide widths and/or wide calf sizes.
1. Route 66 “Tahlia” Boot ~ Kmart
2. Naya “Apollonia” Boot ~ Nordstrom
3. Bandolino “Callan” Wide Calf Boot ~ Zappos
4. Isaac Mizrahi New York “Arno” Lycra Stretch Boot ~ Nordstrom
5. Bella-Vita Walker Brown Herringbone Boot ~ Zappos
6. Oxford Lace-Up Booties ~ Torrid
7. Sam Edelman “Petty” Booties ~ Nordstrom
8. Sole Society “Helena” Booties ~ Nordstrom
9. BC Footwear “Building Blocks” Booties ~ Nordstrom
10. Tildon “Flawless” Booties ~ Nordstrom
The average shaft size for knee high boots range from 13-15cm. Most boots that are designed to fit wider calves and 16,17cm and above. If you aren’t sure how your feet and calves will fit into a new pair of boots, simply use a flexible tape measure (like this one here) and measure the circumference of the widest part of your calf. If you plan on wearing your jeans or pants tucked into the inside of those new boots, make sure you give yourself enough room. For example, if your calf measurement is 15 without jeans, WITH jeans it’s should be a centimeter or two larger. Therefore, a regular pair of knee high boots won’t fit comfortably.
If you’re going to be out there “Walking In A Winter Wonderland”….be sure to keep your feet warm!
UPDATE: #9 BC Booties are completely sold out BUT here is a similar pair ~ NaturalSoul by Naturalizer $60 ~ Kohls